All Natural Bath Bombs to Make this Mother’s Day
A great activity you can do this Mother’s Day as a family is making easy all natural bath bombs. This can be a group activity on Mother’s Day, or you can even make it a surprise and make them for your Mom!
You can find all the ingredients here at Green and Frugal! You can stop by one of our 4 locations and pick up the ingredients to create the perfect DIY gift for Mom! Just pop in or call ahead and we can have the ingredient quantities you need packed and ready for you.
Pink Grapefruit Bath Bombs Recipe
2 cups - Baking Soda
1 cup - Citric Acid
¼ cup - French Pink Clay
¼ cup – Arrowroot Powder
½ - Epsom Salt
1 tbs – Fractionated Coconut Oil
1 tbs – water or water base
1 tsp – Grapefruit Essential Oil (or oil of your choice)
Bath bomb mold
- Combine all dry ingredients into a large bowl.
- Add your essential oil and mix well.
- Slowly combine the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients until it is a crumbly texture. We recommend to use a spray bottle and mix while spraying to avoid activating the fizziness. Pick up a handlful of the mixture and squeeze. If it sticks together into a lump when you open your hand, then you have the consistency right. It will crumble again once you let go and that is fine.
- Once you have this texture, pack your two halves of the bath bomb molds* with the mixture, overfill the two halves a bit then carefully press together.
- Tap each side of the mold gently. Wait for about a minute then remove the mold and let your bath bombs sit for about 24 hours.
*If you dont have a bath bomb mold, there are great silicone baking mold options available in many stores. I personally love the heart shaped ones.
Switch it up a bit!
What is great about this recipe is that you can change it up a bit to your preference! Choose an essential oil you think mom would like. You can also choose to opt out of the French Pink Clay so the bath bombs are just white. Adding rose petals or hibiscus petals is also a great option, just make sure to cut them up a bit or just put a little on top for decoration!